Monday, April 4, 2011

In Camera

Yay for Daddy issues! Oh, wait...

Now, I have my own daddy issues. Everyone does at least to some extent. Leila, she may not have the worst issues, but the relationship with her father is left open for interpretation. He comes to her trial, but I'm not sure he's there for the right reasons. I think he only went because it effected him. He was not there for her. His first thought is that it will look good for him. She was a 'hero' for standing up to the government and by default he was awesome.

As soon as he heard that she was raped, he lost his pride in her. He automatically talks about how she is a disgrace to him and how he will never be able to do anything again.

I have a hard time feeling bad for the father or seeing him as a good person. His gut instinct is to protect himself and not his father. He is not a paternal figure that I like. I mean, my ideal father is either Jethro Gibbs from NCIS or Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars. Both characters sacrifice themselves for those that they love. The father in In Camera is not sacrificial. He doesn't show fatherly love as I think he should. I don't like him.



No comments:

Post a Comment